** Si desea copias de los documentos en español, puede descargarlos a continuación **
• Plaintiff alleges that from October 4, 2020 through December 4, 2020, Maxim was the target of a criminal cyber-attack in which third-party criminals gained unauthorized access to some of Maxim’s email mailboxes and thereby obtained information from Maxim including the personally identifiable information (“PII”) and protected health information (“PHI”) (collectively, “Private Information”) of at least 28,425 people. Plaintiff alleges that, as a result of the Data Incident, an unauthorized user gained access to Plaintiff’s and Class Members’ Private Information contained in email accounts and attachments containing including names, addresses, dates of birth, contact information, medical history, medical condition or treatment information, medical record number, diagnosis code, patient account number, Medicare/Medicaid number, username/password, and Social Security numbers (“SSNs”).
• A settlement has been reached with Maxim Healthcare Services, Inc. (“Maxim”) in a class action lawsuit about a data incident that occurred on October 1, 2020 through December 4, 2020 (“the Data Incident”). Maxim announced the Data Incident on or about November 4, 2021. The Plaintiff, Michael Wilson, through his conservator, Mosanthony Wilson, filed a lawsuit asserting claims against Maxim relating to the Data Incident. Maxim denies all of the claims and says it did not do anything wrong.
• The Settlement Class includes all Persons to whom Maxim mailed notice of the Data Incident and who are not otherwise excluded by the Settlement Agreement. You should have received a letter from the Claims Administrator if you are a member of the Settlement Class. That notification included a unique username and password for you to verify your identity to receive the settlement benefits described in this notice. If for some reason you have not received a unique ID, but believe you are a Settlement Class Member, please call 1-833-630-8181 to verify your identity and request further information on how to file a claim.
• For Persons who file a Valid Claim, the Settlement provides reimbursement of up to $5,000 for Extraordinary Expenses incurred as a result of the Data Incident, and lost time expenses for up to three (3) hours at $20 per hour (maximum $60) that resulted from the Data Incident. The Settlement also provides a flat monetary benefit of approximately $100 for Settlement Class Members who were California Residents between October 1, 2020 and December 4, 2020; this amount can be combined with a claim for documented Extraordinary Expenses but cannot be combined with the lost time expense reimbursement. Moreover, all Settlement Class Members will be provided access to free identity-theft protection called “Financial Shield” by Pango for a period of 12 months from the Effective Date of the Settlement -- without the need to submit a Settlement Claim.
• You must file a Claim Form to receive a payment. You can file a claim online on this Settlement Website, or download a Claim Form and mail it, or you call 1-833-630-8181 to request that a Claim Form be mailed to you. The Claims Deadline is July 24, 2023. You must use the unique ID you received with your notification to verify your identity as a member of the Settlement Class. If for some reason you did not receive a unique ID, but believe you are a Settlement Class Member, please call 1-833-630-8181 to verify your identity and request further information on how to file a claim.
Your legal rights are affected even if you do nothing.
Your Legal Rights & Options in this Settlement
|Submit a Claim|
|Ask to be Excluded||This allows you to sue Maxim over the claims resolved by this settlement. You will not get anything from this settlement.||Deadline|
June 23, 2023
|Object||Write to the Court about why you do not like the settlement. You can still get a payment.||Deadline June 23, 2023|
|Do Nothing||You get no payment but will be eligible for one (1) year of identity theft protection, and you give up rights.|
• The Court in charge of this case still has to decide whether to grant final approval of the Settlement. Payments will only be made after the Court grants final approval of the Settlement and after any appeals are resolved in favor of the Settlement.